From the post a few days ago listing the most reputable companies, here is a list of the biggest gainers and losers from last year’s list.
- ICBC, China, Banking
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Australia, Banking
- China Telecom, China, Telecommunications
- Stora Enso, Finland, Raw Materials
- Dow Chemical, US, Chemicals
- AIG, US, Insurance (surprised?)
- Fortis, the Netherlands, Insurance
- Sasol, South Africa, Energy
- Standard Bank, South Africa, Banking
- Goldman Sachs, US, Diversified Financials
Two South African companies on the “losers” list, and not in very good company, to boot.