So the top FIFA Partners and top FIFA World Cup sponsors are the following:
- Coca Cola
- Emirates Airlines
What are some ideas of initiatives they could undertake that would align with their brand, leave a lasting impact, and build good will? I’ll take a stab but would love to get your thoughts.
- Hyundai/Kia: Idea = repave/repair roads all around the country e.g. KFC filling potholes in Louisville
- Coca Cola: Idea = continue to use deep distribution channels to distribute HIV/AIDS meds, information, condoms, etc.
- Adidas: Idea = build off their “impossible is nothing” motto and start up youth leagues/teams in the more rural areas; do an American Idol type challenge to identify promising young players from rural areas and give them an opportunity to make the pro’s.
- Visa: Idea = support the many small business (road side shops) with business training as well as credit card reading machines (if wanted).
- Sony: Idea = develop/support electronics technicians schools to boost employment opportunities for interested people.
- Emirates Airlines: Idea = sponsor cross cultural exchanges with South African students and students from the UAE. Open a “play the Arsenal way” soccer school in South Africa, as they just did in the UAE. More info on that can be found at this link:
- Budweiser: Idea = provide training on how to brew beer; provide training to agriculturalists on ways to use biomass for energy
- MTN: Idea = partner with any of the other sponsors and provide mobile phones and a fixed number of free credits for students/people involved in any training programs/soccer schools; provide training for small business owners for how further to use their mobile phones for commerce.
- Castrol: Idea = Provide oil for all WC related transport vehicles i.e. buses, combi’s, cars, etc.
- Continental: Idea = Sponsor bike repair centers and bike mechanic courses. Provide free tubes and tires to rural communities. Work with an organization like Working bikes (www.workingbikes.org) to get more bikes to rural and urban areas.
- Satyam: Idea = provide simple business and technology consulting services for aspiring business people and entrepeneurs. Sponsor Satyam branded tech centers in areas with low or no internet coverage.
- McDonald‘s: Idea = do work around child nutrition and hunger alleviation.
Ok. So these are just some ideas I thought of in a few minutes. Again, we’re trying to think of ways that these sponsors can leave a lasting impact while taking on an initiative that makes sense for their brand.
I’d love to hear your opinion on these and any ideas of your own. Comment up!
Filed under: Corporate Sponsorship/Advertising/Marketing, CSR, Football, Social Enterprise | Tagged: adidas, brand, budweiser, castrol, coca cola, continental, CSR, emirates airlines, hyundai, mcdonald's, mtn, satyam, sony, sponsorship, visa |